NOWSPAR is a membership organization of women who believe that sports, physical activity and recreational activities have the power to foster change and increase an individuals quality of life. NOWSPAR advocates, educates and increases the participation of women and girls in sports.
NOWSPAR is a women’s rights organisation that promotes women’s rights to and through sport using policy and civic engagement.
Our aim is to encourage and promote engagement of women and girls in all areas, levels and abilities in physical activity, sport and recreation for fun and excellence.
Our Objectives are
- To equip the young women and girls with employability skills
- To equip the young women and girls with leaderships and to become leaders in their own communities.
- To provide opportunity for young women to become economically independent
- To establish a self-sustaining organization in which the network is always building to include more communities, organizations, and interactions between countries.
- To advocate for women and girls’ representation, participation, and leadership in sport, physical activity, and recreation.
- To educate and create awareness of the benefits of women and girls participation in sport, physical activity and recreation.
- To conduct research regarding gender equity, women and girl’s leadership development, sports administration, opportunities and barriers to women and girls participation in sport, physical activity and recreation.
- To increase opportunities for participation of women and girls in sport, physical activity and recreation both in schools and communities.
Equal access to sport for women
Access to gender sensitive equipment and facilities
Promoting women’s livelihood through sport
Prevention of gender based violence and abuse
Environmental conservation and sensitivity
Promoting sport for development approach
Advocacy and civic education
Health (HIV/ AIDS) education & awareness
Events and festivals
Women and Girls in Communities, Sports Association, Social and Recreation Clubs and Schools.